All grave memorial decorations must be removed from Forest Home, Calvary, Congregation Montifiore, Sons of Jacob, and Woodlawn Cemeteries prior to October 1, 2021. The October 1st deadline allows Department of Public Works grounds maintenance staff to conduct fall clean-up activities within a timely manner. Cemetery personnel shall dispose of all grave decorations remaining in any City owned Cemetery commencing on October 1st . Anyone who planted perennials must cut them off at ground level, or they will be removed. Flag holders, bronze military emblems and shepherd’s hooks that have been inserted into the ground must also be removed. A later announcement will be made indicating when winter decorations may be placed during the month of November. Any decorations placed before that notification will be disposed of. The City of Marinette is not responsible for decorations left on graves after the deadline for removal, or decorations placed before the announcement allowing winter decorations.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
January 5, 2021
January 25, 2019
May 21, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Do you know someone who deserves recognition for all that they do?
- Ice racing returns to the Bay of Green Bay this Weekend
- Menominee County Board of Commissioners denies a resolution to support The Dog’s Belly and 60 Islands in Menominee County…
- Marinette County Sheriff Retiring
- Closings for Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Signups for the City of Marinette Police Departments Community Outreach Program is underway on
- 1976 Murder Trial Opens in Marinette County on
- LOCAL SPORTS 03/16/21 on
- Various HSHS hospital visitor policies change amid the surge in COVID-19 Delta Variant on
- Redistricting plan of Marinette County takes another step forward on