The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) asks the public to stay vigilant and avoid burning due to high fire danger across much of the state. The drought monitor indicates the southeast and southern portions of Wisconsin are experiencing Moderate to Severe drought conditions. Those areas are experiencing well below normal rainfall and the vegetation is starting to dry out, making it more likely to catch fire. There is MODERATE fire danger in Marinette County. The DNR has responded to 765 wildfires burning more than 1,900 acres so far this year, plus many more suppressed by local fire departments and federal partners. Be extra careful with any outdoor flames, campfires, ash disposal or equipment use. Please check any recent debris burns for smoldering embers, as breezy conditions can cause fires to rekindle.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
July 2, 2019
Deeper Wells, Connection to Municipal Supply Examined as Clean Drinking Water Alternatives for Town of Peshtigo
October 4, 2019
August 9, 2018
November 8, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee City Council seeks to fill four positions
- Bucket List Football Package Auction Supporting Local Family Battling Cancer…
- A Menominee County Sherriff’s Deputy stands mute in court. on
- Small Town Centennial Celebration is being held this weekend on
- Job Posting: Johnson Controls in Marinette on
- PUBLIC HEALTH DELTA MENOMINEE COUNTIES PAUSES WAIT LIST on
- The City of Marinette is going to provide COVID-19 vaccinations for employees, with a bonus! on