As of the most recent testing data for August 2021 417 wells in the Town of Peshtigo have tested positive for PFAS and 169 were non-detect. While the Town of Peshtigo is still working on options to identify a solution for providing potable water to Town residents a letter was drafted by Chairperson Cindy Boyle to the Mayor and Board of the City of Peshtigo requesting that they believe an intergovernmental approach to be a viable option and that a beneficial agreement can be achieved with the City of Peshtigo. This letter was reviewed at the Town of Peshtigo’s monthly board meeting Tuesday evening. The letter also requests the City of Peshtigo’s participation in the summit of stakeholders that will be taking place in September. The board also passed a resolution urging the Wisconsin state legislature to pass the clear act and approve proposed PFAS standards in drinking, surface, and groundwater. The passage of the Clear Act would assist the Town of Peshtigo to protect residents drinking water and prevent future contamination.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
July 20, 2021
March 19, 2021
June 14, 2019
March 8, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Ice racing returns to the Bay of Green Bay this Weekend
- Menominee County Board of Commissioners denies a resolution to support The Dog’s Belly and 60 Islands in Menominee County…
- Marinette County Sheriff Retiring
- Closings for Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Hunting Fishing Boating Outdoor Show 2022 – Win a Fishing Trip!
- Wisconsin’s unemployment rates for August 2021 on
- Get ready…the Marinette County Fair begins today! on
- PESHTIGO RESIDENTS INVITED TO INFORMATION MEETINGS on
- DNR To Host PFAS External Advisory Group Meeting Friday, Dec. 17, 2021 on
- Goodman Murder Victim and Suspect Identified, 5 Officers Remain on Administrative Leave on