The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) released the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) preliminary employment estimates for the month of August 2021.The data for August shows that Wisconsin’s unemployment rate remained at 3.9 percent while the state’s Labor Force Participation Rate increased to 66.5 percent, up from 66.4 percent in July. Wisconsin’s labor force participation rate in August was 66.5, 4.8 percentage points higher than the national rate of 61.7 percent. Wisconsin’s unemployment rate in August was 3.9 percent, while the national unemployment rate was 5.2 percent in the same month.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
March 12, 2019
June 13, 2018
May 25, 2018
November 21, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- The U.P. Foster Closet of Menominee hosts a live webinar “All About Foster Care in Michigan and Wisconsin” tomorrow evening
- The Salvation Army to host Feeding America Mobile Food Pantry in a New Location tomorrow
- Swap Shop Wednesday May 18th, 2022
- Menominee Chief of Police to step down, Interim to be announced…
- Swap Shop Tuesday May 17th, 2022