Alisha Kocken, 28, is charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and eight other counts for the August 6th confrontation with Officer Nicole Blaskowski. Kocken’s arraignment is scheduled for February 10th. The defense has indicated it plans to enter a plea of not guilty and not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. Previously, Kocken received psychiatric treatment and was deemed competent to stand trial. Kocken was charged after an incident where police were called to an Oconto Falls home. There was a physical confrontation between Kocken and Officer Blaskowski. At one point, Kocken allegedly grabbed Blaskowski’s gun and shot the officer in the head. She has since been released from the hospital. Kocken is being held on a $750,000 cash bail.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
November 1, 2019
October 4, 2021
November 1, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Elevated Levels of PFAS Found in The Peshtigo River
- A new TID and commercial development are on the City of Marinette’s horizon
- Downtown Marinette businesses catch a glimpse of what’s to come
- City of Marinette’s Public Safety and Code Enforcement Committee denies change to the Marijuana ordinance
- City of Menominee water system Infrastructure Alternatives wins top water system award from the CDC