08/24/2018- Wisconsin Public Service is alerting residents in our area about an increase in phone scam activity. WPS officials say both business and residential customers are being targeted and most of the calls are being reported in the Crivitz and Wausaukee areas. These calls threaten customers with disconnection if they do not make immediate payment, often with a prepaid debit or credit card. In some cases, scammers disguise their identity by playing a recording of the WPS customer service greeting on a callback number provided to customers. WPS is reminding its customers they do not conduct business in a threatening manner and will never require payment with a prepaid card. Anyone who receives ones of these suspicious calls should hang up immediately and contact WPS.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette Marine Appoints New CEO Vandroff new CEO, Allman promoted to corporate role
- Fatal Crash in Marinette County Kills One
- Menominee County Victim Services Receives a Grant for continued services to victims of crisis situations.
- It was an afternoon filled with pomp and circumstance.
- Potential housing could be coming to the City of Marinette.