Marinette County Administrator John Lefebvre told the County Board a delay in the results of the 2020 Census may cause some problems with the redistricting of the county. After the census, the county’s development committee redraws the supervisor districts based upon the updated population numbers. Lefebvre says the census results will be 4 months later than normal which could result in the districts not being finalized until sometime in 2022. This could cause problems for candidates who need to file nominating petitions for the spring election. He says the state is looking at the issue, and should have some guidance in the future.
About The Author
Still no decision on masking in Menominee Schools
August 12, 2021
Leave a reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Listen (On Air)
- Swap Shop Friday March 24th, 2023
- The City of Marinette Fire Department is Recognized for leading the Country in raising funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Swap Shop Thursday March 23rd, 2023
- The City of Marinette Water-Wastewater brings down PFAS levels in biosolids; now able to transport within State
- KS Large Bore Pistons Holds Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Expansion