01/09/2019- The Menominee Special Projects/Community Relations Committee is recommending to the City Council that the City again hold a four-day Waterfront Festival in August, and that the city hire Nancy Douglas as festival director. With Douglas returning to the post last year, the festival showed a $4700 profit, not including the cost of services provided by the city’s police fire, and public works departments. Douglas says she anticipates no major changes to the format or budget of the festival in 2019, although the committee may look at going from the traditional two beer booths to just one, and look for more activities of interest to teenagers, among other tweaks. Douglas would again be paid $5000 to run the festival. This year’s festival would run August 1st through the 4th. The Council will act on the recommendation at its meeting this month.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Swap Shop Wednesday August 10th, 2022
- Swap Shop Tuesday August 9th, 2022
- The Two People Arrested in a Standoff Incident last Thursday were Arraigned in Menominee District Court Friday
- The Menominee County Sheriff’s Department Releases Additional Details of last Thursday’s Incident
- The Marinette Police Department Stray Cat Policy