08/04/2020- Around 5100 people in the M&M area were without power for several hours yesterday afternoon. A spokesperson with the American Transmission Company says ATC crews are investigating the cause for why a transmission wire came down and started a grass fire outside their Menominee substation just before 1 p.m. yesterday. No one was injured in the incident and the Menominee Fire Department responded to and extinguished the fire. Personnel from both the ATC and Wisconsin Public Service were on scene working to restore power. Some customers were back online by about 4 p.m., while others weren’t reconnected until later yesterday evening.
About The Author
VA HOSPITAL EXPANDS COVID 19 VACCINATIONS
April 14, 2021
USACE, Marinette Marine to Explore Deepening River Channel
October 22, 2020
Youth Ice Fishing event to be held this Saturday
February 11, 2022
Leave a reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Listen (On Air)
- The City of Marinette Fire Department is Recognized for leading the Country in raising funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Swap Shop Thursday March 23rd, 2023
- The City of Marinette Water-Wastewater brings down PFAS levels in biosolids; now able to transport within State
- KS Large Bore Pistons Holds Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Expansion
- Swap Shop Wednesday March 22nd, 2023