10/04/2018- It’s not too soon to start thinking about the flu shot. Public Health Delta and Menominee Counties says flu season can arrive as early as October, so the sooner people get vaccinated, the better. This year’s flu vaccine protects against three or four strains of influenza, depending on the formulation received and everyone over the age of sixth months old is encouraged to get one. Those at especially high risk for contracting the flu are children under two and seniors older than 65, as well as those who have chronic health issues or are immune-suppressed. In addition to physician clinics, hospitals, and some pharmacies, the flu shot will also be available at the Menominee Public Health Office and local senior centers for a cost of $30 this month. For dates and more information, call the Menominee County Health Department at 906-863-4451.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Marijuana resolution stalls in the City of Menominee; council at odds
- Winsert Incorporated a GameChanger in the face of patented and proprietary alloys
- Swap Shop Tuesday August 16th, 2022
- Swap Shop Monday August 15th, 2022
- Litigants’ file restraining order against the City of Menominee siting violation of city charter ordinance