09/04/2018- Some Menominee residents will be impacted by hydrant flushing in the city beginning this week. The Menominee Fire Department is performing the hydrant flushing to maintain water quality and evaluate the amount of water available for firefighting purposes. Flushing work will take place north of 10th Avenue and south of 19th Avenue and includes all streets from 1st through Memorial Drive, as well as Haggerson Court, Pine Hill Court, Sunset Drive, and the West Drive cul-de-sac. Residents in these areas may notice water discoloration and potentially lower water pressure. While these conditions do not present a health hazard, people are encouraged to determine if their water is clear before washing their clothes or other objects, as staining could occur. If water is discolored, residents should run cold water in their faucets for five to ten minutes. Hydrant flushing starts today and will continue through Friday, September 28th.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Congratulations Chris Bernier- WBA HALL OF FAME
- Swap Shop Friday June 24th, 2022
- Marinette County Breakfast on the Farm is this Sunday at the Finger Family Farm
- Irish Immigrants in Michigan: A History in Stories, Author book reading to be held Thursday at Spies Public Library
- A Menominee man facing over 70 counts involving aggravated child sexually abusive material appeared in Menominee Circuit Court