01/11/2019- A plan to place a second water filtration system in Marinette to remove PFAS contaminants from surface water moves forward. The City’s Plan Commission approved a conditional use permit application from Johnson Controls, formerly Tyco, to place a water extraction treatment system on the Luther Home property on Pine Beach Road. The interim action system will extract water from a ditch running through the property and remove the PFAS chemicals from it before reintroducing the water to the ditch. A similar system is already in place on Johnson Control’s Fire Technology Center property to filter water from a second ditch in that area, though the system proposed for the Luther Home property will be entirely enclosed by a building. The Plan Commission is expected to review a site plan for the project at their next meeting.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Swap Shop Wednesday August 10th, 2022
- Swap Shop Tuesday August 9th, 2022
- The Two People Arrested in a Standoff Incident last Thursday were Arraigned in Menominee District Court Friday
- The Menominee County Sheriff’s Department Releases Additional Details of last Thursday’s Incident
- The Marinette Police Department Stray Cat Policy