08/04/2020- A Lena man is in Marinette County Court facing multiple animal abuse charges. Authorities received a report from the USDA Farm Service Agency of suspected neglect at a farm in the town of Grover in March. Upon investigation, deputies found numerous emaciated cows without food or fresh water and without proper living conditions. They also discovered more than 20 dead calves on the property. When approached by police, property owner, 53-year-old Bruce Pawlak, admitted he’d fallen behind on being able to care for the animals and is now facing 21 felony counts of mistreatment of animals causing death and 11 misdemeanor counts of failing to provide food for animals. He made his initial appearance in court Monday and is scheduled back for an adjourned initial appearance August 17th.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- The City of Marinette is creating a multi-use district to attract new development
- The Menominee Maroons will show their U.P. camaraderie by wearing Orange in support of the Escanaba Basketball Team and the Weaver Kids at tonight’s basketball game
- Swap Shop Friday February 3rd, 2023
- The Menominee School Board receives Good News about Walton Blesch Stadium
- Swap Shop Thursday February 2nd, 2023