The Menominee County Sherriff’s Victim Services Unit announced last week that its partnership with the M and M Area Community Foundation has been awarded a grant for the continuing initiative to provide victim services to Menominee County. The Menominee County VSU is a non-profit organization with volunteer personnel dedicated to helping victims survive a crisis or a traumatic situation. The VSU also specializes in short-term crisis intervention and are the helping hands of the police, fire, and medical personnel. With the donations from the foundation the VSU will be continuing to serve the community by providing assistance, crisis kits, emergency shelter, and community resources to stand alongside victims experiencing a traumatic situation. For more information about how you can become a volunteer with the Victim Service Unit please call 906-863-6614.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
City of Marinette Civic Affairs committee aims for a newly constructed pedestrian crossing at County T
September 22, 2021
October 16, 2020
August 28, 2018
December 6, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- The City of Marinette is creating a multi-use district to attract new development
- The Menominee Maroons will show their U.P. camaraderie by wearing Orange in support of the Escanaba Basketball Team and the Weaver Kids at tonight’s basketball game
- Swap Shop Friday February 3rd, 2023
- The Menominee School Board receives Good News about Walton Blesch Stadium
- Swap Shop Thursday February 2nd, 2023