08/31/2020- Menominee County reported the best unemployment statistics in all of Michigan last month. The local jobless rate in July was recorded at 6.6%, the lowest in the state and a notable decline from the 9% unemployment in Menominee County in June. Joblessness throughout the U.P. last month was at 8.2%, as compared to the even 12% seen in June, while the state average in July stood at 9.5%. That, too, improved over June’s 15% joblessness. Jason Palmer, director of Michigan’s Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives reports industry jobs in Michigan edged up over the month as the number of unemployed workers in tourism-related businesses continued to moderate.
About The Author
June 22, 2020
November 13, 2020
June 29, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.