07/29/2020- A Town of Peshtigo woman has been convicted for concealing her mother’s death for months while continuing to cash in on the woman’s income. 61-year-old Paula Bergold entered a no contest plea Tuesday to hiding a corpse- a class F felony in Wisconsin. She was arrested last September for allegedly placing the body of 89-year-old Ruby Bergold in a container in the basement of her mother’s home and then collecting her Social Security, stocks, and dividend checks for as long as four months. Paula Bergold told law enforcement she discovered her mother dead in the home but couldn’t bring herself to report it to police. Misdemeanor charges of failure to report a death and obstructing an officer were dismissed at Tuesday’s plea hearing but will be read in at Bergold’s sentencing, which has now been set for October 5th.
About The Author
November 10, 2020
May 19, 2021
January 26, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.