A jury trial has been scheduled for the Oconto County man accused in a 2019 Marinette County overdose. A status conference was held Monday for 30-year-old Brian Blasing who’s pleaded not guilty to a charge of first degree reckless homicide/ deliver drugs for allegedly supplying the fentanyl-laced heroin that killed Terry Westphal of Coleman last year. Blasing’s girlfriend, 30-year-old Chasity Denny, was also named in Westphal’s death, but pleaded guilty in October to a lesser charge of manufacture/ deliver schedule I or II narcotics. Denny is set to sentenced in the matter in February while Blasing’s jury trial will begin May 17th.
About The Author
March 19, 2021
December 11, 2020
January 11, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.