A home on the market in Marinette is the first to be renovated under a partnership formed by Marinette County and NEWCAP to both fix up blighted properties in the County’s possession and help ease the local housing shortage. A revolving loan fund to pay for rehabilitation on certain foreclosed-upon homes in Marintte County was established earlier this year and seeded with $500000. Since then, NEWCAP has been working to identify which properties might be best suited for this type of work. One of those is located on Liberty Street in Marinette and has since seen several major upgrades total around $80000. That home and others in the program will be sold via a sealed bid process. Other properties currently under renovation through the NEWCAP program are located in Niagara and Amberg.
About The Author
June 19, 2020
August 20, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration
- Marinette County approves their proposed 2022 budget
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- JOB POSTING: CATERPILLAR-MENOMINEE OPEN INTERVIEWS on
- Menominee based R.W. Fernstrum Company a Top Ten Finalist for “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan” on
- US 8 construction begins this week in Marinette County…. on
- PHDM CLINIC WILL TAKE WALK-INS 04/27 on
- Wiener Wednesday- Integra First Federal Credit Union on