07/03/2020- Two airports in our region of the UP will see state aid to test for the presence of PFAS. The Michigan PFAS Action Response Team announced it has awarded approximately $2.5 million in grant funding to municipal airport operators to support monitoring and testing for PFAS. Included are Delta County Airport, who will receive more than $235000, and Ford/Dickinson County Airport, who was granted $250000. The grant recipients were current or former Part 139 commercial service airports in Michigan that have used or are suspected to have used Class B AFFF firefighting foam to comply with FAA requirements. Michigan Department of Transportation is overseeing the grant program and Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy is providing technical assistance.
About The Author
November 16, 2020
September 22, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.