06/29/2020- A Labor Day weekend tradition for many families in the UP will not happen this year. Organizers of the Dickinson County Fair say their event is the latest in a long line of events, festivals, and celebrations to be canceled due to concerns surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. Although the typical fair will not be held, a smaller event is expected for the Labor Day weekend, though details of that have not been released. Meanwhile, legislators and community members continue to push for the allowance of the UP State Fair in Escanaba, which is scheduled for August. Plans for several other county fairs, including those in Menominee, Florence, and Oconto Counties, have also been scrapped for 2020. At this point, the Marinette County Fair has not been canceled and is tentatively planned for August 27th through the 30th.
About The Author
October 16, 2020
March 8, 2021
April 9, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration
- Marinette County approves their proposed 2022 budget
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities