It’s being called the largest, most complex environmental investigation in state history and now the Wisconsin DNR is forming a new team to address PFAS contamination in and around Marinette linked to JCI/ Tyco’s manufacturing and testing of firefighting foam. Multiple programs under the DNR umbrella have been involved in the efforts to investigate and remediate the contamination of area surface and groundwater and soil, as well as impacts to various wildlife, and DNR reps say the affected communities would be best served by creating a centralized team to oversee the project, and by adding new members to that team. Designating this team would allow the agency to more quickly address various issues that arise and review any documents submitted. Tyco first reported the issue to the DNR is November of 2017, but it’s believed the company may have known about PFAS contamination in the groundwater at their Fire Technology Center as early as 2013.
About The Author
October 13, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.