07/21/2020- The public has the opportunity to weigh in on a state funding request from one Marinette County municipality. The Village of Wausaukee has applied for funding through the Wisconsin DNR’s Safe Drinking Water Loan Program to address deficiencies in its public drinking water system, a project which entails the construction of a new municipal well and well house. An environmental analysis of the area and proposed work was conducted as part of the funding process and the department has determined that the project will not result in significant adverse environmental effects and no further environmental review is required. Now, the DNR is soliciting public comments regarding this decision and potential environmental impacts of this project. Written or verbal comments are encouraged. Provide comments to Kevin Olson, Community Financial Assistance, Department of Natural Resources, CF/2. PO Box 7921, Madison WI 53707, 608 266-9955 by July 31, 2020.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.