08/04/2020- Around 5100 people in the M&M area were without power for several hours yesterday afternoon. A spokesperson with the American Transmission Company says ATC crews are investigating the cause for why a transmission wire came down and started a grass fire outside their Menominee substation just before 1 p.m. yesterday. No one was injured in the incident and the Menominee Fire Department responded to and extinguished the fire. Personnel from both the ATC and Wisconsin Public Service were on scene working to restore power. Some customers were back online by about 4 p.m., while others weren’t reconnected until later yesterday evening.
About The Author
January 11, 2021
June 7, 2021
September 15, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration
- Marinette County approves their proposed 2022 budget
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee Public Schools Referendum Open House a Success on
- Bellin Provider Stresses Safety, Small Gatherings This Thanksgiving on
- PUBLIC HEALTH DELTA AND MENOMINEE COUNTIES PARTNERS WITH 2-1-1. on
- Small Town Centennial Celebration is being held this weekend on
- Hospital employees held a rally last evening against a vaccine mandate on