06/23/2020- Residents in the City of Stephenson are reporting an influx of door-to-door scam attempts over the past several days. There have been multiple reports of door-to-door solicitors in Stephenson and other parts of northern Menominee County who are misrepresenting themselves as DTE Energy employees, and requesting resident’s account information or a recent utility bill in order to offer lower-cost services. Officials say to protect yourself from these potential utility scams, always ask to see an ID if someone comes to your door claiming to be a company employee, do not allow people into your home who claim to offer a refund or rebate, or attempt to collect a bill payment, and contact DTE or your utility provider to verify whether there are service or account issues impacting your utilities. Suspected utility fraud attempts should be reported right away to both the utility company and local law enforcement.
About The Author
May 15, 2021
February 16, 2021
July 23, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.