The two individuals involved in an apparent murder turned officer-involved shooting in Marinette County last week have been identified, along with the authorities involved. The Wisconsin DOJ reports 62-year-old Richard Gibbs of Milwaukee is believed to have been shot and killed by 62-year-old John Lipski, also of Milwaukee, October 23rd at a residence in Goodman. Lipski fled upon law enforcement’s arrival at the home, but his vehicle eventually came to a stop and that’s when he allegedly pointed a firearm at officers. Authorities fired their weapons in response and Lipski died on scene. Lt. Barry Degnitz and Deputies Jesse Parker, Patrick Callahan, Dave Oginski, and Steve Schmidt have each been placed on administrative leave while the DCI investigates the officer-involved shooting. They’ll turn over their investigative reports to the Marinette County District Attorney when the investigation concludes.
About The Author
January 24, 2022
November 24, 2020
September 7, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Ice racing returns to the Bay of Green Bay this Weekend
- Menominee County Board of Commissioners denies a resolution to support The Dog’s Belly and 60 Islands in Menominee County…
- Marinette County Sheriff Retiring
- Closings for Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Hunting Fishing Boating Outdoor Show 2022 – Win a Fishing Trip!