07/21/2020- Efforts to keep a goose overrun at bay are paying off in Marinette. This spring the city opted to install deterrent lights at the Menekaunee Harbor to help keep Canada geese out of the park and lessen the mess the birds tend to leave behind. Those lights have reportedly reduced the number of birds typically seen there by about 80-percent, many of which are believed to be from the nesting population in the area. The City next plans to purchase a pair of coyote decoys to also place at Menekaunee Harbor to further curb goose activity. City crews also intend to utilize similar methods at other locations throughout Marinette to see if they have the same success deterring the birds from those areas.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Ice racing returns to the Bay of Green Bay this Weekend
- Menominee County Board of Commissioners denies a resolution to support The Dog’s Belly and 60 Islands in Menominee County…
- Marinette County Sheriff Retiring
- Closings for Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Hunting Fishing Boating Outdoor Show 2022 – Win a Fishing Trip!
- PESHTIGO RESIDENTS INVITED TO INFORMATION MEETINGS on
- ATV Fatal Crash on private property in the Town of Beecher on
- MARINETTE COUNTY TO CLOSE ATV/UTV TRAIL SYSTEM FRIDAY on
- PLANNING COMMISSION APPROVES LAND SPLIT FOR PROPOSED DOLLAR GENERAL STORE on
- A Trial date is set for a former sheriff deputy accused of sexual assault of a minor. on