Three duck hunters are safe after their boats capsized on the bay this weekend. firefighters from Town of Peshtigo and City of Marinette were called for a water rescue at around 5:30 Sunday morning off Harbor Road in the Town of Peshtigo. Several rescue boats were launched during this coordinated response to retrieve the hunters who were found in the water several hundred yards offshore after their canoe and kayak capsized. The three individuals were safely brought to shore then transported to the hospital by ambulance. The Marinette County Sheriff’s Office, City of Peshtigo Police, Wisconsin DNR, Marinette ERS, and Aurora Bay Area paramedics also assisted in Sunday’s rescue.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.