10/06/2020- It’s Fire Prevention Month and one local company is stepping up to help keep area students and their families safe. This October, Johnson Controls will begin distributing over 12,000 fire extinguishers to the families of students in 26 schools within Marinette, Menominee and Oconto Counties. The donations are in response to a tragic house fire in Oconto last January that took the lives of four people. When employees at Johnson Controls became aware of this incident, and that family ties existed within the company, they felt that, as a fire protection company and long-time member of the community, they needed to take action on behalf of the family and friends of these victims to create awareness of the importance of fire prevention. By donating one extinguisher per student, Johnson Controls says they hope to reduce some of the risk of another family having to endure a similar tragedy in the future.
About The Author
September 7, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration
- Marinette County approves their proposed 2022 budget
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities