Unemployment figures went in the wrong direction in Marinette County and across Wisconsin last month. The local statewide unemployment rate in October was recorded at 5.6%, a bump up from the 5.4% seen in September. Wisconsin’s statewide non-seasonally adjusted jobless average last month was at 4.9%, also an increase over September’s rate of 4.6%, while unemployment in the Badger State at this time last year stood at just 2.8%. Preliminary October 2020 unemployment data shows joblessness only declined in eight of Wisconsin’s 72 counties over the month.
About The Author
January 29, 2021
October 7, 2020
May 19, 2020
June 11, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.