08/04/2020- A Lena man is in Marinette County Court facing multiple animal abuse charges. Authorities received a report from the USDA Farm Service Agency of suspected neglect at a farm in the town of Grover in March. Upon investigation, deputies found numerous emaciated cows without food or fresh water and without proper living conditions. They also discovered more than 20 dead calves on the property. When approached by police, property owner, 53-year-old Bruce Pawlak, admitted he’d fallen behind on being able to care for the animals and is now facing 21 felony counts of mistreatment of animals causing death and 11 misdemeanor counts of failing to provide food for animals. He made his initial appearance in court Monday and is scheduled back for an adjourned initial appearance August 17th.
About The Author
March 8, 2021
February 21, 2021
June 22, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.