08/27/2020- Employment outlooks continue to improve in Marinette County in the state’s latest jobless report. The local unemployment rate in July was at 7.7%, down considerably from the 10.4% recorded in June, but still ranking among the bottom 20% of all counties in Wisconsin. Statewide, the unemployment rate last month averaged an even 7%. That number also improved over June’s 8.6% in the Badger State. DWD Secretary Caleb Frostman says Wisconsin is currently down over 216,000 private-sector jobs over the year, with the vast majority of those declines occurring in the service sector.
About The Author
November 4, 2020
Public Services Committee Keeping Discussion for Mask Mandate on the Table Pending Move by Wisconsin Legislature
August 5, 2020
July 28, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.