Marinette County saw significant improvements in jobless figures last month. September’s local unemployment rate came in at 5.5%, down almost two percentage points from the 7.3% unemployment recorded in August. The County’s joblessness continues its downward descent following mass temporary closures and slowdowns of business and industry in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Non- seasonally adjusted unemployment across the Badger State in September was at 4.7%. That’s compared to the 6.1% seen in August and the 2.9% joblessness in September of 2019.
About The Author
March 23, 2021
May 15, 2021
December 23, 2020
March 3, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.