08/13/2020- While Michigan deer hunting regulations for 2020 were just finalized in July, it’s already time to start thinking about those for 2021. Hunters and others interested in those regulations are invited to attend and give input during two virtual open house events next week. The sessions will be held virtually from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, August 20 and from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, August 21. There, participants will hear from Michigan DNR experts about deer population dynamics, disease and harvest, and hunter trends. Attendees will also be given a look at, and an opportunity to weigh in on, the DNR-proposed 2021 deer hunting regulations. Once public input has been gathered, it will be sent to the Michigan Natural Resources Commission for review before the commission votes on the proposed regulations in December. You can sign up to participate in Thursday’s session here and Friday’s session here. A recording of the virtual open houses and a survey link will be available at Michigan.gov/Deer once the sessions have concluded and hunters can provide feedback on the proposed regulations via the survey through August 28.
About The Author
October 13, 2020
September 22, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.