After months of delivery and takeout service only, restaurants across Michigan will be allowed to open indoor dining beginning Monday, February first. Tables will have to be six feet apart with no more than six places per table. Restaurants will be limited to 25% capacity and will have a 10pm to 4am curfew.
The order will last three weeks, until Sunday, February 21st — when it will be re-evaluated.
The order also says Winter contact sports including girls and boys basketball, and wrestling – must remain non-contact through Feb. 21. The previous emergency order was set to expire at the end of January and would’ve allowed those sports to begin contact activities Feb. 1. Mark Uyl, executive director of the Michigan High School Athletic Association, said“Obviously, this is disappointing to thousands of athletes who have been training with their teams over the last week and watching teams in other states around Michigan play for the last two months.”