There are now at least four candidates seeking to fill the 89th District Assembly seat vacated by John Nygren. Karl Jaeger, a Town of Peshtigo Democrat who lost to Nygren on Nov. 3 announced he will again run for the seat. Jaeger also represents the Town of Peshtigo on the Marinette County Board. Also throwing his hat into the ring is Elija Behnke, who currently is raising his family in Pensaukee. Behnke currently owns and operates a residential and commercial cleaning business in the district. He is a former youth pastor and a current ministry leader at his church. He also currently is a farmer who said he understands the troubles that many rural residents are facing. The two join Republicans Mike Kunesh and Debbie Jacques who both previously announced their candidacies. Nomination papers are due by 5 p.m. this Friday. A primary will be held February 16th and the general election will be April 6th.
About The Author
January 5, 2021
May 15, 2021
May 15, 2021
December 16, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration
- Marinette County approves their proposed 2022 budget
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities