10/09/2020- The first ship in the Navy’s new frigate class, built locally at Fincantieri Marinette Marine, will be named the USS Constellation. Secretary of the Navy Kenneth Braithwaite made that announcement this week, marking the fifth Navy ship to carry the Constellation name- the most recent of which was an aircraft carrier retired in 2003. The Navy awarded the new contract to Marinette Marine in April which could have the shipyard building as many as ten of these vessels worth more than $5.5 billion total. The first frigate is expected to be delivered in 2026. That new contract is anticipated to bring hundreds, if not thousands, of additional direct and indirect jobs to the region.
About The Author
November 3, 2020
August 27, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.