08/12/2020- The expansion of Fincantieri Marinette Marine means big business for the regional economy, but there are some strict requirements that need to be met if a company hopes to get in on some of the new work. As U.P. businesses look to engage with the Department of Defense through Marinette Marine contracts, all vendors for the DoD will need to have a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification to be able to win DoD or Marinette Marine contracts either individually or as part of a team. This CMMC is a new model to measure cybersecurity capabilities across all DoD suppliers and the DoD is expected to begin requiring Certification Levels later this year. To assist in this, several U.P. economic development agencies are working in partnership to provide an informational webinar for U.P. businesses that offers an overview of the CMMC model and its foundations. This free 30-minute session will take place on August 19 at 9:30 Central and explores what organizations will need to have in place to achieve various levels of certification, along with best practices for getting started. Those interested locally should contact the Menominee Business Development Corporation at (906) 864-2201.
About The Author
January 5, 2021
January 26, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.