08/12/2020- In yesterday’s Wisconsin Primary Election, it was the incumbent for the state’s 89th Assembly District coming out on top. John Nygren overwhelmingly defeated challenger Andi Rich in the race for the Republican slot on the November ballot. Nygren received 83% of the total District vote and about 81% of the local vote here in Marinette County. Nygren is now set to square off against Democrat Karl Jaeger for that Assembly post in the General Election. In the Democratic Primary for the State Senate District 30, it was Jonathon Hansen over Sandra Ewald by a 62- to 38% margin, now setting up a race between Hansen and Republican Eric Wimberger in November. Keep in mind all local election results are considered unofficial until certified by the Board of Canvassers.
About The Author
August 7, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.