A murder suspect has been killed by police officers in northern Marinette County. Around 5 p.m. Friday, the Marinette County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a possible homicide and location of a suspect involved in Goodman. Upon arrival at the home, that suspect fled, while one deceased male was found inside the home. Officers pursued the suspect, whose vehicle came to a stop. That individual then allegedly pointed a firearm at the officers, who shot the man, killing him on scene. The Marinette County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of the first male, while the Wisconsin DOJ’s Division of Criminal Investigation is handling the officer-involved shooting death. No officers were injured in the incident, but those involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative assignment, per department policy. Both these investigations are ongoing and further information is expected to be released as it becomes available.
About The Author
June 22, 2020
July 14, 2020
January 22, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration
- Marinette County approves their proposed 2022 budget
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee School Board Approves Options for Reopening on
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration on
- JOB POSTING: CATERPILLAR-MENOMINEE OPEN INTERVIEWS on
- A popular Wisconsin tradition celebrated throughout the month of June is back. on
- Menominee based R.W. Fernstrum Company a Top Ten Finalist for “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan” on