At a special meeting Thursday, the Town of Peshtigo Board passed a motion to write a formal letter asking for water from the City of Marinette with the letter to be drafted and written by the Town’s environmental attorneys, Von Briesen and Roper, and approved by the board before it is sent. The extension of the City of Marinette water system to the portions of the town with wells affected by PFAS contamination from the Tyco Fire Test Field is part of the permanent remediation of the PFAS problem. Tyco would bear all the costs. The vote was 4-1 with Town Chairman Herman Pottratz being the no vote.
About The Author
July 28, 2020
May 15, 2021
June 7, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.