07/15/2020- Athletics have been sidelined at several UW schools for the upcoming year. In a joint decision issued Tuesday, the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and four other UW System institutions announced the temporary suspension of intercollegiate sports at their satellite campuses for the 2020-2021 academic year. The one-year pause in sports reflects the additional challenges of facility cleaning and disinfecting, providing athletic trainers and other logistical issues posed by the current coronavirus pandemic. For UW-Green Bay, the announcement impacts the student-athletes on UW-Green Bay’s Marinette, Manitowoc and Sheboygan Campuses. Marinette Campus CEO Cindy Bailey says while athletics enhance student life and involvement and add value to the Marinette community, the primary focus during this time is the health and safety of students and coaching staff. Athletes will still be able to use our campus facilities for training and practice to gear-up for the fall 2021 season. UW-Green Bay says they will continue to support the student-athletes on all three campuses, and the University expects to reinstate competitive athletics at those campuses in the future.
About The Author
March 3, 2021
April 9, 2021
December 1, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.