07/01/2020- Evaluation of and treatment for the competency of the 83-year-old Oconto County man accused of killing an engaged couple in Marinette County continues following the court mandate made earlier this year. In March Raymand Vannieuwenhoven was determined to not currently be mentally fit to stand trial for the 1976 murders of Ellen Matheys and David Schuldes in McClintock Park. At that competency hearing, Dr. Steven Benson testified that Vannieuwenhoven was suffering from paranoid preoccupations and other deficits as the residual effects of a stroke and could not, at the time, aid in his own defense. A status conference was held in the matter last week which included consideration of a report from Mendota Mental Health Institute as to whether Vannieuwenhoven will eventually regain competency. Another status conference has been scheduled for September 14th and a follow-up competency hearing will be set after that.
About The Author
July 14, 2020
June 23, 2020
March 19, 2021
August 20, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.