08/17/2020- Truck drivers are being asked to refrain from taking their own detour around a major road project in Northern Marinette County. Work is underway to reconstruct a portion of US 141 in the City of Niagara and a signed detour in the area has drivers following US 8 into Michigan. However, Marinette County Highway Commissioner Eric Burmeister says some truckers are attempting to utilize County Highways O and OO to bypass that detour, which is cause for concern on a roadway that doesn’t typically see such a high volume of heavy vehicles. Burmeister says temporary weight restrictions on O and OO have been put in place similar to those implemented during the annual spring thaw to try to deter some of this activity. A recent delay in the 141 project means that work now isn’t expected to wrap up until early November.
About The Author
July 20, 2020
November 2, 2020
January 22, 2021
March 30, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.