07/22/2020- A vehicle theft and a high-speed chase led to the eventual arrest of two individuals in Marinette County Tuesday. According to a release by the Marinette County Sheriff’s Office, officials in Florence County put out information Monday night to be on the lookout for a stolen black pickup truck that had fled authorities in both Dickinson and Florence Counties. Around 11 Tuesday morning, deputies in Marinette County spotted that vehicle southbound on U.S. 141 in the Town of Beecher and attempted to stop it near Wausaukee. The vehicle fled at a high rate of speed and two attempts with tire deflation devices were unsuccessful. The pursuit continued to the Town of Beaver where the driver actually went off the road, turned around, and continued back northbound. The vehicle was eventually stopped after a third deployment of a tire deflation device was successful south of Wausuakee. The two occupants, 22-year-old Tyler Dollar of Portage, WI, and 26-year-old Chandler Pavlet of Iron Mountain, MI, were arrested and turned over to Florence County officers. Pavlet had multiple warrants out for his arrest and both men will be referred for charging consideration in Dickinson, Florence, and Marinette Counties. The incident remains under investigation.
About The Author
September 15, 2020
November 10, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.