07/31/2020- An organization supporting foster children and the families caring for them is opening its doors in Menominee next week. The UP Foster Closet of Menominee County is a non-profit agency serving families in both Marinette and Menominee Counties by providing new and like new clothing items and other essential needs to kids in the care of someone other than their biological parents. The UP Foster Closet officially opens August 3rd and will be located within the DAR Boys and Girls Club. The organization is still accepting monetary or clothing donations, as well as new supplies of diapers, toiletries, baby bottles and pacifiers, and winter gear. From 2017 to 2019, Marinette County had a total of 172 children in foster care, while Menominee County had 120 children, however, representatives with the UP Foster Closet of Menominee say these figures do not include all children placed with caregivers outside of their home.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette County approves funds to support City of Marinette Airboat after reconsideration
- Marinette County approves their proposed 2022 budget
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities