07/01/2020- They served to protect the freedoms we celebrate, but the Fourth of July can be a difficult time for past and present military service members suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. For many of these people, large and spontaneous fireworks displays can trigger the fight or flight responses sometimes associated with PTSD, which is why the Michigan DNR is once again promoting Fireworks Free Fourth celebrations across the state. One such event is at Wells State Park in Menominee County where guests can enjoy the holiday away from crowds and loud noises. DNR reps say Fireworks Free Fourth locations are also a good alternative for pet owners or parents of small children who want to steer clear of traditional fireworks displays. You can find a complete list of these sites on the Michigan DNR website.
About The Author
September 28, 2020
December 23, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.