05/07/2020- A Marinette County road project that began in 2019 should be wrapped up by the end of the month. Because of last year’s excess rain and subsequent flooding issues, crews were not able to complete the reconstruction of four miles of County Highway G as anticipated and instead applied a temporary road surface and center line striping at the end of the 2019 construction season so the detour around the project site could be lifted for the winter months. Work on that stretch of roadway from County E to Spur Road is now expected to get underway in the coming days and the traffic detour will be re-established today. The remainder of the project should take less than two weeks to complete. 80% of the funding for the $2.3-million project came from the state as federal pass-through dollars while the county funded the remaining 20%.