02/25/2019- Following this latest snowfall, Wisconsin Public Service is urging customers to stay safe by continuing to check and clear any snow or ice from natural gas meters and appliance vents around their homes. According to the National Weather Service, more than 20 inches of snow have fallen this month across northeast and north central Wisconsin and an accumulation of snow and/or ice has the potential to damage a natural gas meter’s piping or trap carbon monoxide indoors by blocking natural gas appliance vents. Large icicles also can cause damage to this equipment. When clearing away snow and ice, customers are reminded to use a broom or their hands as kicking or hitting a meter or vent, as well as using a shovel, could damage the equipment.