03/05/2019- This winter’s heavy snowfall is causing some structural concerns in Menominee County. Emergency Management Director Rich Sexton says although it may not always look like there is a lot of snow of the roofs of homes and businesses, much of it has been compacted down and weighs significantly more than it appears to. That’s been causing partial or total roof collapses in buildings throughout the county. Sexton says warmer days ahead might not necessarily be a good thing, either, if they bring rain, which will only add more weight to the existing snow. Residents are reminded to clear their roofs frequently throughout the rest of the winter season or enlist the help of a neighbor or friend if they’re not able to.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Swap Shop Thursday August 11th, 2022
- Swap Shop Wednesday August 10th, 2022
- Swap Shop Tuesday August 9th, 2022
- The Two People Arrested in a Standoff Incident last Thursday were Arraigned in Menominee District Court Friday
- The Menominee County Sheriff’s Department Releases Additional Details of last Thursday’s Incident