The Menominee City Council, while in closed session Monday evening, came to an agreement that would allow the five litigants to have a recreational marijuana license in the City of Menominee. When asked what the details of the settlement are, City Manager Brett Botbyl noted that since this information took place in closed session, it will not become available until it is finalized. This information should be available at the next special council meeting that is taking place on Tuesday, May 30th at 6pm. The city prevailed in the lawsuit in Menominee Circuit Court. The litigants want additional licenses beyond the two authorized in the current ordinance.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
November 7, 2019
October 14, 2019
October 25, 2018
July 18, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Swap Shop Friday September 29th, 2023
- Swap Shop Thursday September 28th, 2023
- Behold the wonderous event that awaits! The Smoke U.P. Embrace the Stigma soiree shall grace the gardens of Ravenwood this coming Friday & Saturday
- In the realm of justice, a man from Menominee County has been sentenced to four terms of imprisonment
- Swap Shop Wednesday September 27th , 2023